Health insurance within digital transformation
Health insurance plays a prominent role in a digitized healthcare industry: Providers drive the digitalization of care, connect members, provide information on health topics, and create additional value for all involved parties. Digitalization of healthcare thus bears two faces: The digital transformation bears enourmous potential for a company's own strengths on one hand, as well as considerable challenges that must be handled actively.
Health insurance providers should therefore ask themselves the following questions:
- How is management inspired, how are employees mobilized?
- How does one remain competitive and secure for the future in the digital environment?
- What does digitalization mean in concrete terms for health insurance providers?
- Which company areas and processes can be digitized to create value?
One company, many changes
The professional world and the healthcare sector are changing in many different ways. This drives health insurance providers to find answers to the questions about the future and take appropriate action. A comprehensive view helps – in particular concerning the digital transformation. Often, radical changes are necessary which affect
- cultural change,
- organizational development,
- personal development,
- corporate governance, and
- the view of management.
This approach is the only way to successfully utilize technological innovation and disruptive industrial mechanisms to the benefit of the company.
Some companies have already outlined a digital vision, others need to first organize the digital initiatives launched or ongoing all over the place and define their target position. SKC finds solutions that can be implemented step by step in concrete terms. Together with our clients, we develop the Opportunities of Digitalization for the company, building on deep understanding of medicine, care, and the respective market environment, our exclusive access to regulators, and knowledge of the modes of action for digitalization within companies.
From SKC's view, there is optimization potential in
- digitizing operations,
- the relationship with the insured person and the patient and improving the customer experience,
- deepening partnerships – with service providers and other business partners – as well as
- reviewing the business model – by expanding product options, using a company's own resources in the new digital context, and implementing digital innovations.
Definition and development of a comprehensive digital strategy
Analysis of suitable digital resources
Guidance for individual projects
Support for internal and external project teams, and the use of modern development methods such as agile project management, lean startup, or design thinking