Digitizing health care
On the digital test bench
Healthcare companies and institutions see themselves confronted with countless issues and challenges on the topic of digitalization.
- To what extent do current or future digitalization processes affect our company?
- Which company-specific digital strategy can be used to tap potential?
- When and how do we start a digital transformation process?
- Which actors, inside and outside the company, must be integrated into the transformation process?
- Which specific potential of the business model can be used?
- How must companies change at the staff and organizational level in order to implement new modes of thought, work, and organization?
- What resources and tools support a company's transformation process?
Companies within the healthcare industry which have already successfully transformed digitally recognized one thing early: Digitalization does not just mean upgrading and developing innovative technologies, it also includes an in-depth evolution of the entire organization (people change). Companies and organizations within the healthcare industry should not succumb to regulatory inertia, they must position themselves proactively on the market with respect to their digital strategy. A well thought out digital strategy is needed to secure a competitive advantage and make full use of available potential. This strategy should focus on megatrends, depending on the individual level and maturity of digitalization, and include the strategies of competitors.
Transformation from within
The "Transformation Timetable" specifies which goals must be implemented in which way. This includes
- training management and employee skills,
- establishing collaborative work processes with regard to spatial and organizational frameworks and
- creating innovation-friendly control and decision making structures.
The constant, organization-wide development of the cultural mindset frames all activities and measures.
We are convinced that digitalization within the company provides many benefits. However, success and failure are determined by how digital strategy and business act together: Our customer-oriented, individual process considers a company specific history, the structural and procedural characteristics, and the (regulatory) particularities of healthcare, and includes these into the development of a solution.
Advice & support in the transformation process
Creation and implementation of the digital transformation process in consideration of the inherent specifics of the healthcare system
Industry or product-specific analysis at the meta level
Goal definition & planning
Support during the formulation of goals for a digital strategy and the preparation of a digital transformation plan
Analysis of existing digital resources; working out a mutual prioritization of fields of action (orientation via digital compass)
Advice & support in project management
Comprehensive methodological consultation and, upon request, operative support via agile project management methods (including design sprint, personnel / user journey development, lean canvas / business model canvas)
Mutual preparation of company-specific control, decision, and innovation structures that are suitable for the close-knit innovation cycles of a digital world
Training on the successive implementation of digital and agile decision making and work procedures (e.g. by working out first use cases)
Support during the successive implementation of digital and agile decision making and work procedures (e.g. by working out first use cases)
Teaming workshops (at employee and management level)
Workshops on "momentum transfer" and the development of a mutual digital mindset